0 Likes

Bridge of lovers
Copyright: Dmitry levin
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 11212x5606
Uploaded: 25/06/2012
Updated: 04/07/2012
Zobrazení:

...


Tags: russia vologda bridge of lovers
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Eric Walker
Rainy Day in Dublin - O'Connell Street
Paul Emck
Bumble bee over flower meadow
Uwe Buecher
On the alp at Monte Subasio, Assisi
wongchichuen
Hau Wong Festival At Night, Tung Chung,(東涌侯王廟.2), Lantau Island
yunzen liu
陕西 西安 宝鸡 佛教圣地法门寺 3——喷泉广场上的大象石雕
Paul Linden
Between two places
Jens Ruppert
Weberei Eibau Walddorf Dachbodenbibliothek
Zoran Trost
Southern bell tower of the Cologne cathedral
Astrolabio Colombia
Caño Cristales (Colombia): the most beautiful river
Uwe Wieteck
Der guntramsh gel
Kudo Kenji Photograph
京都錦織 龍村光峯 KOHO,Nishiki-Traditional-Textile,Workshop,Kyoto.
kiyoharu takamura
Mt.Daruma
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.