The foundation stone of the baroque church St. Mary was laid in 1691 under Abbot Balduin Helm. Construction began in 1700 under architect Giovanni Antonio Viscardi and 16 July 1741 the finished monastery church was consecrated. The whole church is unusually gorgeous adorned. Nevertheless, during the Bavarian Secularization 1802/1803 it was in danger of demolition. Luckily this could be avoided and so the Fürstenfelder monastery church, as a parish church of St. Magdalena, is still used for services and concerts.