0 Likes

Santuario del SS Crocifisso
Piedmont

The Sanctuary of SS Crocifisso is located in the Sacro Monte Calvario in Domodossola, Italy. Its construction began in 1657, and is the culmination of a complex composed of several Baroque chapels, telling the path of Jesus on the Via Sacra.

Copyright: Luis Marques
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8000x4000
Uploaded: 28/07/2012
Updated: 13/05/2014
Zobrazení:

...


Tags: sanctuary; nature reserve; monte calvário; domodossola; piemonte; lombardia; italy
comments powered by Disqus

Luis Marques
Center Spiritualità Rosminiana
Luis Marques
Grotta di Lourdes
Davide Pizzigoni
Montecrestese - Locality Pontetto - St. Joseph Street
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola locality Oira - an alley
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Locality Oira - An Alley
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Locality Oira - Overview from the Church
Kay F. Jahnke
Passo Di Basagrana
Kay F. Jahnke
Punta Della Rossola
Kay F. Jahnke
Ridge from Mottac to Testa di Menta
Kay F. Jahnke
Pizzo Mottac 2010
Kay F. Jahnke
Pizzo Mottac
Davide Pizzigoni
Vogogna Locality Genestredo - An Alley
Lee Casalena
Yosemite River
Costas Vassis
Naousa harbour at night
Martin Hertel
Tower Bridge
Willy Kaemena
Snow on Market Square
Jedsada Puangsaichai
Phra Maha Chedi Group, Wat Pho, Bangkok
Emile Duijker
Oosterpoort at night
Andrea Biffi
Presepe Vivente di Sora - Val Cavargna
jacky cheng
Kaifeng - Hanlin Garden (Hanlin Palace)
Michael Pop
The bells of the fortress-tower in Slimnic
Costas Vassis
Aliki
Lee Casalena
Forest Scene
Deineko Daryna
Ai-Petri Crimea Ukraine
Luis Marques
Dorfplatz
Luis Marques
S. João das Maias Fortress
Luis Marques
Portal Guardian
Luis Marques
Sebastiansplatz
Luis Marques
Albufeira Beach
Luis Marques
Cascais Bay
Luis Marques
St. Leodegar Church - Interior
Luis Marques
Lago Maggiore 1
Luis Marques
Casino Gardens
Luis Marques
Palácio da Pena
Luis Marques
Saas Fee - Tourist Office
Luis Marques
Polo St. Moritz 2
More About Piedmont

The name Piedmont comes from medieval Latin Pedemontium, i. e. "ad pedem montium", meaning "at the foot of the mountains": Piedmont, whose capital is Turin, is surrounded on three sides by the Alps, including Monviso, where Po river rises, and Monte Rosa. It borders France, Switzerland and the Italian regions of Aosta Valley, Lombardy, Liguria and Emilia Romagna. Its history was linked for centuries to Savoy dynasty: since 1046 Piedmont was part of County of Savoy, raised to Duchy of Savoy in 1416, evolved in the eighteenth century into the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia. The role of Piedmont for Italy's unification is comparable to the role of Prussia for Germany and his army was the engine of the unification process, ended with the creation of the Kingdom of Italy in 1861. The presence of Savoy in its territory bequeathed a large number of castles and residences. Lowland Piedmont is a fertile agricultural region, producing wheat, rice and maize and is one of the great winegrowing areas in Italy. The region contains major industrial centres: FIAT automobile plants in Turin, Ferrero's chocolate factories in Alba, tissue and silk manufactories in Biella, in Ivrea Olivetti was an important technology center, publishing in Turin and Novara.