Turm des Schloss Babelsberg - Park Ba...
Share
mail
loading...
Loading ...

Panoramic photo by Lars Gabrysch EXPERT Taken 11:18, 09/04/2012 - Views loading...

Advertisement

Turm des Schloss Babelsberg - Park Babelsberg - Potsdam - Brandenburg - Germany - Europe

The World > Europe > Germany

  • Like / unlike
  • thumbs up
  • thumbs down
comments powered by Disqus

Nearby images in http://www.360cities.net/cs/area/park-babelsberg-potsdam-brandenburg-germany

map

B: Behind the castle babelsberg - Potsdam - Germany

od Lars Gabrysch, 30 meters away

Castle Babelsberg Park Babelsberg Potsdam Germany 22.09.2010 Canon EOS 20D-IR 700nmSigma DC 18-50mm 3...

Behind the castle babelsberg - Potsdam - Germany

C: castle babelsberg - Potsdam - Germany

od Lars Gabrysch, 50 meters away

Babelsberg Castle Park Babelsberg Potsdam Germany 22.09.2010

castle babelsberg - Potsdam - Germany

E: Schloss Babelsberg

od André Stiebitz, 80 meters away

Schloss Babelsberg

F: Schloss Babelsberg

od Volker Uhl, 120 meters away

Schloss Babelsberg

G: Gotische Fontaene Park Babelsberg

od Volker Uhl, 160 meters away

Gotische Fontaene Park Babelsberg

J: Glienicker Brücke

od André Stiebitz, 240 meters away

Glienicker Brücke

This panorama was taken in

This is an overview of

Created on a hill called Babelsberg along the banks of the Havel River, the 124 hectare, landscaped park was commissioned by Prince William and his wife Augusta.

It was originally laid out by Peter Joseph Lenné in 1833 and was redesigned by Prince von Pückler-Muskau in 1842-67. Terraces with mosaics, ornamental flowerbeds, sculpture and fountains are grouped around the Babelsberg Palace. The terraces are connected to a pleasure ground with the Golden Rose Garden, to a round flowerbed at the Gothic Fountain, and to flower arrangements enclosed by colorful clay bricks. Walking paths offer scenic views of the Havel lakes and the Potsdam city skyline, which led to the construction of the Flatow Tower from 1853-56. The park has been protected by historic preservation since the 1960s. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the area along the water to the north was restored and integrated into the park.

Share this panorama