The hostel was build in the years 1896–7 by the company run by the Karol Korn, an architect based in Bielsko. In 1907, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the hostel, its lessee, Weinhold, erected a Swiss cottage functioning as an additional shelter. On the roof of the house a sign was installed indicating the right direction to tourists in heavy weather. In the years 1954–1957 the building was enlarged according to the architectural project of A. Różyska. A new kitchen/utility wing was added at the south-eastern side and the tower was rebuilt. On 8 October 1985, a fire destroyed the roof of the tower and a part of the roof of the main building.