N
N
Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Del dette panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Læs mere
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, kontakt os
Embed this Panorama
BreddeHøjde
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, kontakt os
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.

LICENSE MODAL

0 Likes

Delaware and Hudson Canal
New Paltz

The Delaware and Hudson (D&H) Canal system was built in the 1820's and carried anthracite coal from the mines in Pennsylvania to Kingston, NY to meet the Hudson River, and thereby, the rest of the world. In 1825, when natural cement was discovered near High Falls, NY, that material was used to build the canal as well as the Brooklyn Bridge and Statue of Liberty.

The Canal ran for 108 miles, with 108 locks used to raise and lower the boats as they worked their way toward the Hudson River. For 70 years, (1828 to 1898), this canal system not only linked the mines of Pennsylvania with the Hudson and the rest of the world, but also encouraged the birth of new town and villages along its route.

Amazingly, this project was completed in fewer than three years using only picks, shovels, draft animals, and blasting powder.

Copyright: Mark Fink
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 24000x12000
Taken: 19/06/2010
Uploadet: 22/06/2010
Opdateret: 04/03/2015
Visninger:

...


Tags: canal; delaware and hudson; ruins; forgotten places
comments powered by Disqus
More About New Paltz