Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
Dubovac is a small medieval fortress in Croatia, located on an artificial hill, overlooking the city of Karlovac. Square tower was probably built during the 13th century.
Throughout the centuries the owners of the fortress were various noble families. During the 16th century the fortress was besieged by Turks on several occasions, but never conquered. The last attack occurred in 1578 just before the beginning of the construction of Karlovac, a town-fortress.
In 1579 Dubovac was purchased for the 'Frontier architectural commission' and the future military command of the Karlovac fortress. In 18th century it was converted into a military depot. During the French occupation, 1809-1813, the fortress was reconstructed by general Vianney for residential purposes, and in 1837 it was purchased by the Austrian general Laval Nugent.
Finaly in 1896 Dubovac was bought by the city of Karlovac with intention to restore it. The restoration was repeatedly interrupted and finally finished in 1961. Today, the fortress is turned into an restaurant.