The quite large castle of St Angelo Lodigiano was rebuilt in 1370 over a previous fortress by the Visconti Family. It was intended to protect the south-east edge of Milan's defense line. Conquered in 1449 by Francesco Sforza, ruler of Milan after the Viscontis, was then donated to the Bolognini family who owned it for centuries and for this reason is also named Castello Bolognini. Inside part of the castle is the National Institute For Genetics and Agricolture of Grains and two museums related to History of Agricolture and of Bread.
The area of current Lombardy was settled at least since the 2nd millennium BC, as shown by the archaeological findings of ceramics, arrows, axes and carved stones... continues on wikipedia