0 Likes

Bridge of lovers
Copyright: Dmitry Levin
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 11212x5606
Hochgeladen: 25/06/2012
Aktualisiert: 15/10/2014
Angesehen:

...


Tags: russia vologda bridge of lovers
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Алексей Кириловский
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Алексей Кириловский
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Littleplanet.nl - Roelof de Vries
On top of a windmill
Thomas Schwarz
Wiesbaden Igstadt Sunset
Armin Leuprecht
Twyfelfontein
Dimitris Dimitrakakis
Emir Zade Turkish Mosque
yunzen liu
Hubei Wuhan Qintai Culture & Art Center——Qintai Grand Theater 2012
Thomas Stano
Mesa Arch Sunrise
Marco den Herder
Eindhoven - Skating rink in the city centre (lights: Luminarie de Cagna)
Scott Anderson
Kirkstall Abbey 4
Tomas Kysela
Liberec - Mistrovsky Vrch Stairs at night
Gianluca Garelli
Torino, piazza Palazzo di città
Ingo Tolks
Pizza is ready!
Zoran Trost
Temple bar in Dublin
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.