Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
The early perpendicular St James Church, Chipping Campden, the entrance path lined by 12 lime trees, planted in 1770 and representing the 12 apostles. There was a Norman church on this site prior to 1180. This was developed and added to during the following 300 years to give its current form. The peal of 8 bells are dated 1618 to 1737 and will at once explain the name of the Eight Bells Inn in nearby Church Street. It is One of the Thousand Best Churches in England, the tower at 36.5m (120ft) can be seen from all approach roads into Chipping Campden. The clock mechanism is dated 1695, replaced by a modern movement in 1962. The church also contains altar hangings and vestments circa 1500 and a cope (long mantle or cloak) circa 1400. Within the South Chapel is the tomb of Sir Baptist Hicks a wealthy silk merchant (once Mayor of London and First Lord Campden) born 1551, died in 1629. The falcon (or eagle) lectern is mediaeval, possibly 15 century Flemish.