Eglise St-Andrew's Church, Quebec City, Canada
This congregation had its beginning with the beloved Chaplain, Rev. Robert MacPherson and soldiers of the famous Fraser Highlanders of Wolfe's Army in 1759.
With the Peace Treaty of 1763, and the coming of merchants from Scotland and New England, the congregation soon assumed civilian status and was known as the Scotch Congregation - in connection with the Church of Scotland.
In 1802, in response to a petition signed by 148 persons, the present Church site was granted by His Majesty George III, although it was not until 1809 that construction began.
The long-contemplated Church was dedicated on November 30th, 1810, on St. Andrew's day, and appropriately named after the apostle. The building remains virtually unchanged but for the addition of the Vestry in 1900.
On the same triangular site with the church are the Kirk Hall, first erected in 1829 as a Protestant School which continued as a flourishing scholastic institution for many years; and the magnificent Manse, erected in 1837, which has been the residence of the ministers to the present time.