Camp Hoskins includes 3 dormitory buildings and a dining hall with full commercial-grade kitchen. These buildings were built during World War II and served and enlisted troop barracks at Fort Flagler. Today they are part of the Fort Flagler State Park Retreat Center.
Fort Flagler was established on the north end of Marrowstone Island in 1897. Along with Forts Casey and Worden, Fort Flagler helped defend Admiralty Inlet, the vital passage to the Bremerton Naval Shipyard and ports in Seattle & Tacoma. Today Fort Flagler State Park maintains the same borders as the original fort, with hiking trails, beaches, camping, museum, 5 vacation houses, retreat center and 10 historic gun batteries open for public exploration.