It was built at the beginning of the 17th century and then enlarged by the Minims’ Order. It was completed in 1780.
It has only one nave with two side chapels, and numerous art oeuvres. The decoration work is attributed to Giuseppe Felice, a painter from Trapani.
The first altar on the right has an 18th century painting showing Saint Ann Who Teaches Mary the Scriptures.
The second altar has a painting of Saint Francis from Paola and another one of the Holy Family, both from the 18th century.
Rich in ornaments, the Baroque altar complex has at its centre a statue of Saint Joseph with Baby Jesus of the 18th century.
At its sides, in the wooden choirstalls there are two organs bathed in gold with rich decorations, one standing in front of the other.
View More »