0 Likes

Tower with hours
Sochi

The modern building of railway station is accepted in maintenance of September 10 1952 (architect A. Душкин).

Three-floor the building of station has 3 interleaving courtyards and high-altitude tower (55 м). Complex of station also included 3 concrete platforms by a common expansion 1080 m, passenger tunnel with 4 by exits. Sochi is connected to other cities by 48 of trains and 5 of electrotrains daily go up to Tuapse and Sukhumi. The building of station together with a bootcanor constructed in 1956, occupies square of 0,6 hectares.

View More »

Copyright: Dashkov vladimir
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 12000x6000
Hochgeladen: 03/06/2009
Aktualisiert: 21/04/2013
Angesehen:

...


Tags: railway; sochi; station
comments powered by Disqus

Dashkov Vladimir
Waiting hall
Dashkov Vladimir
Black Sea dwellers
Dashkov Vladimir
Animal Caucasus Mountains
Dashkov Vladimir
archaeological remains in Sochi
Dashkov Vladimir
Sochi history 1945 - 1985
Dashkov Vladimir
History 1829-1864
Dashkov Vladimir
Rule about settlement 19 centuries
Dashkov Vladimir
Space Exposition
Dashkov Vladimir
Germing of a health resort
Dashkov Vladimir
WWII - Sochi hospital city
Dashkov Vladimir
Sochi in the second world war-time
Dashkov Vladimir
Embankment Sochi river
Ivan Roslyakov
trickology back side 360 double tail
Colin Ewington
Psychiatric Hospital
Darko Car
Jadranovo
Jan Vrsinsky
Mixed Goods Stand in San Pedro
yunzen liu
alpine Basong Co(Basong Lake)Nyingchi Tibet
Alan McLean (Albiphotography)
Eoligarry Jetty , Isle Of Barra
Martynas Ambrazas
The Hill of Crosses
PaVeL Bobkov
Kurortnoe
Jeff Scholl
Aerial Above MacGilvray Lake in Bigfork, Montana
Vishnu Sreenath
Lonely Tree
Jan Vrsinsky
Lake Atitlán / Lago de Atitlán
Martin Broomfield
Waterfall and Bridge, Ribaute
Dashkov Vladimir
Seaport
Dashkov Vladimir
Evening view
Dashkov Vladimir
Riga Art Nouveau Museum
Dashkov Vladimir
Festival "Floral fantasy"
Dashkov Vladimir
Jacobine room , wives of baron.
Dashkov Vladimir
Space Exposition
Dashkov Vladimir
Children's Villages
Dashkov Vladimir
Animal Caucasus Mountains
Dashkov Vladimir
Theatrical foyer
Dashkov Vladimir
Dawn over Malaga
Dashkov Vladimir
"Alpika - Servis 3"
Dashkov Vladimir
Tower
More About Sochi

The first settlers on the territory of Sochi appeared 400-350 thousand years ago in lower Paleolithic age. A plenty of artifacts and archeological monuments were discovered and studied here: caves, open sites, ancient settlements, dolmens, ruins of fortresses and temples, burial grounds and mounds. Archeological works conducted in the area of Sochi denoted the territory as unique in variety, number and concentration of archeological monuments, 200 of which are registered and looked after. Among them are a Roman-Byzantine fortress on the river Godlik, a medieval cathedral in the settlement of Lo’o and etc.  In the period of 4-1cc BC on the northeast Black Sea coast tribes of Geniokhs inhabited the major part of the area modern Sohi occupies. Aboriginal historical monuments well preserved to our days must be comprehensively studied. Starting the second half of the 16th century the Caucasus turned into the cockpit for Russia, Turkey and Persia; as the result of the war the Black Sea coast from the mouth of the river Kuban to the fort of Saint Nikolay passed to Russia. Later, in the 19th century several forts were built in Sochi, their ruins are regarded as historical monuments. After the Caucasian war of 1864 the aboriginal population was forced to leave their mother land. Native dwellers were replaced by the Russians, the Ukrainians, the Byelorussians, the Armenians, The Georgians, the Greeks and other nationalities forming a cosmopolite people stock of modern Sochi. The end of the war marked the beginning of study of the Black Sea coast therapeutic factors. However, Russian government wasn’t able to develop the new lands on its own and, in order to fix the problem, entrepreneurs and businessmen of that time were offered to invest money in the Sochi Region. Russian bourgeoisie saw the true value of the land; that is why so many estates, which used to belong to famous families of the past can still be found in this rich and beautiful land. An important role in Sochi’s becoming a resort was assigned to the special commission conducting the study, with start in 1898, of the Black Sea coast right from Novorossiysk to Sukhumi. The survey proved that, due to natural resources the Black Sea coast possessed, balneotherapeutic and climatic health resorts could be constructed there. Sochi got the city status July 31, 1917, when estates of rich Russian noblemen, counts along with imperial mansion Dagomys were determined as a part of the city. In the end of 19 – the beginning of 20cc. the peculiar architecture style of Sochi was being formed. The main principle of the construction implied creation of the city - garden. The architecture style was specified by pavilion-shaped houses special to parks, as architects tried to make the layout of the city and the natural landscape form a perfect whole.After the revolution of 1917 the city was intensively reconstructed, especially in 1930s. The soviet government sponsored building of numerous sanatoriums, bridges (civil architecture monuments) and other complex facilities. Sochi becomes the all-soviet health resort.In 1961 Sochi annexed the districts of Adler and Lazarevskoye and, according to the new borders, stretched for over 150 kilometers along the Black Sea coast. Now Sochi is developing very fast, as it hopes to hold Olympic games-2014.