Changdeokgung palace was built as a secondary palace in 1405, later became the main palace. Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung were totally destroyed by fire during the Japanese invasion of 1592. After the war, only Changdeokgung was restored in 1610 and served as the main palace for the next 258 years.
The Changdeokgung Palace was inscribed on the Unesco World Cultural Heritage list in 1997. For more information, refer to http://eng.cdg.go.kr/main/main.htm
Injeongjeon is the throne hall of Changdeokgung Palace. Major state affairs, including the coronation of a new king, and receiving of foreign envoys, took place here. Ceremonies were held in the courtyard out front. From the outside, this building seems to be 2 stories, but inside it is a single space.