'Cinquantenaire'

  • Jubelpark

Around 1850 the area of the Jubilee Park was a training ground for the Civil Guard. In 1875, architect Gédéon Bordiau drew the first plans of exhibition halls to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the Belgian Kingdom (1830 -1880). The project was completed in 1910 and the Jubilee site received its present form: two wings, consisting of large halls, connected to each other by semi-circular colonnades and as an architectural eye catcher, the imp...(more)
Auf der Karte ansehen

'Cinquantenaire'





ERROR:

Adobe Flash Player 9 (or newer) needed



...click here to download...



Around 1850 the area of the Jubilee Park was a training ground for the Civil Guard. In 1875, architect Gédéon Bordiau drew the first plans of exhibition halls to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the Belgian Kingdom (1830 -1880). The project was completed in 1910 and the Jubilee site received its present form: two wings, consisting of large halls, connected to each other by semi-circular colonnades and as an architectural eye catcher, the impressive three-arched arch of triumph. The triple arch by the French architect Charles Girault, in Louis XVI style, is 45 m high and 30 m wide. The Cinquantenaire halls host three museums: The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in the northern wing. The Royal Museums of Art and History in the southern wing. The "Autoworld".