On Pulkveza Brieza Str. 6, there is a peculiar house. In the 1930ties there were living apartments there, yet the time has preserved well the specific look of the house. Here, for almost twenty years, was a military mail carrier pigeons station. On June 4, 1896. tzar Nikolay II accepted a list of employees for work at the fortress and harbour and also two mail carrier pigeon stations, 8 people for each. Already since ancient times pigeons have been well known for their admirable guidance sense. If a pigeon is released free, instinct will guide it back home, to the cage where it was born. The speed of birds is a great advantage - with fair wind they may travel even as fast as 100km per hour. In the history of new times pigeons mostly were used in the times of war, even during the World War II they were useful for sending correspondence.