Engineer's House was originally built in the 1900's as the office for the engineers building Fort Flagler. Today it is a fully furnished vacation rental with an outstanding view of Admiralty Inlet and the Cascade Mountains.
Fort Flagler was established on the north end of Marrowstone Island in 1897. Along with Forts Casey and Worden, Fort Flagler helped defend Admiralty Inlet, the vital passage to the Bremerton Naval Shipyard and ports in Seattle & Tacoma.
Today Fort Flagler State Park maintains the same borders as the original fort, with hiking trails, beaches, camping, museum, 5 vacation houses, retreat center and 10 historic gun batteries open for public exploration.
Copyright: Washington State Parks Foundation Type: Spherical Resolution: 8000x4000 Taken: 13/02/2013 Uploaded: 28/06/2013 Updated: 06/04/2015 Views: