Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Share this panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Read more
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, contact us
Embed this Panorama
WidthHeight
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, contact us
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.

LICENSE MODAL

0 Likes

The Church of the Prophet Elijah
Yaroslavl

The Church of the Prophet Elijah was built between 1647-1650. It was a votive church of the Skripin, wealthy Yaroslavl merchants. Alterations made in the 18th and 19th centuries included reconstruction of the Chapel of the Intercession and the replacement of the old roofing by a hipped roof. In 1896 the church was enclosed by a fence with a grille. In the late 1950s restorative work was carried on in the north chapel and the bell tower. The north parvis has a small chapel on the east side, consecrated to SS Gury, Simeon and Aviv, which after the fashion of Moscow architecture was surmounted with a pyramid of kokoshnik ogee arches and a small dome. The chapel of the Robe of Christ,a small independent church was built as a place safekeeping of a venerable religious relic: part of the so-called Robe of Christ which the Skripin had received as a gift from Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich and the Moscow Patriarch Joseph who acted as patrons during the construction of the church.

Copyright: Mikhail Dunaev
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 10000x5000
Taken: 22/06/2010
Uploaded: 13/09/2010
Updated: 06/03/2015
Views:

...


Tags: yaroslavl; russia; church; orthodox church; summer; sun; green grass; exterior; soviet square; yaroslavl government; fresco museum; prophet elijah
comments powered by Disqus
More About Yaroslavl