In 1827 the Elisenbrunnen was initiated. A representative building should be established to present the famous healing water of the thermal spring. Friedrich Schinkel revised the plans of the Aachener architects Cremer, so that also in this building, the handwriting Schinkel is visible. Today the healing water of the spring is still drunk, but the building is also used for any other purpose. In summer Salza dancer and tango lunatics meets regularly around in the rotunda to dance.