0 Likes

Bridge of lovers
Copyright: Dmitry Levin
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 11212x5606
Subida: 25/06/2012
Actualizado: 15/10/2014
Número de vistas:

...


Tags: russia vologda bridge of lovers
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Rokyun Ha
Puesta de Sol - Salar de Atacama
Ramin Dehdashti
The Ali Qoli Aqa Bathhouse
Rokyun Ha
Cordillera de la Sal
heiwa4126
iPad Eve in Tokyo
Louis-Alexis Fontaine
Mine ochre of bruoux 001
Oliver Mann
Ghost Subway Station Dresdener Street
H.David Muñoz RV360
Parque Biblioteca España - Medellín Colombia
erwan-boisecq
Carnac Yacht Club
Konrad Łaszczyński
Chouwara tannery - Fes, Morocco
David Mariotti
Rosa Parks Bus, Henry Ford Museum
Daisuke Tomiyasu
Kobe Higashinada Danjiri 2009
Heiner Straesser - derPanoramafotograf.com
Istanbul: Yeni Cami - New Mosque
Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.