The Kehlburg castle in South Tyrol, Italy, was built in the time of the 1st millenium (1000 a.c.) from bishop Albuin of Brixen at the hillside over Gais.
In the following centuries it was mostly given in loan to different aristocrats.
The most important were the nobles of “Rost zu Aufhofen”, which had the castle in possession for nearly 3 centuries.
In the last 100 years the castle was sold several times to private persons, after a short period of nationalisation during the Mussolini era.
After a fire in 1944 where the castle was nearly completely destroyed, the chapel of the holy Erasmus was rebuild so this was used for many years as a much visited pilgrimage.
Unfortunately the castle and the chapel ist destroyed by vandalism.
Copyright: Roland Lahner Type: Spherical Resolution: 6324x3162 Taken: 11/03/2011 Subida: 11/03/2011 Actualizado: 08/03/2015 Número de vistas: