3 Likes

Pavia: Naviglio Pavese near the Certosa of Pavia
Pavia

The Naviglio Pavese is a canal connecting Milan to Pavia. It was finished in the 1819 and it was largely used by tranportation barges until mid of 20th century. In the 360 photo is a lock with the house of its guardian.

Copyright: Pietro Madaschi
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 10000x5000
Taken: 27/12/2011
Subida: 25/01/2012
Actualizado: 26/03/2015
Número de vistas:

...


Tags: canal; channel; lock; naviglio; canale; chiusa; pavia; lombardia; lombardy; pianura padana; italia; italy; po valley
comments powered by Disqus

More About Pavia

Pavia is the capital of a fertile province known for agricultural products including wine, rice, cereals, and dairy products. Some industries located in the suburbs do not disturb the peaceful atmosphere which comes from the preservation of the city's past and the climate of study and meditation associated with its ancient University. The University of Pavia, together with the IUSS (Institute for Advanced Studies of Pavia), the Ghislieri College, the Borromeo College, the Nuovo College, the Santa Caterina College and the EDiSU, belongs to the Pavia Study System. Furthermore, Pavia is the see city of the Roman Catholic diocese of Pavia. (more on Wikipedia)