Likes

Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda

Vologda - the cultural center of Russian North. Situated between Moscow and St. Petersburg. Vologda was founded in 1147. On that panorama you may see the monument to 800-years of Vologda, whose were building in honor of that date in 1947

Copyright: Shusharin-eda
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8000x4000
Subida: 09/05/2009
Actualizado: 18/02/2012
Número de vistas:

...


Tags: vologda
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
luis davilla
Bellas Artes
kmnet
Dry reservoir
Daniel Oi
Helix Bridge
Ruediger Kottmann
Cherry blossom
Rob van Gils
Vulture Mine Workshop
luis davilla
Sta Cruz
Toni Garbasso
Biosphere2 ocean
Martin Hertel
Top of Schneeberg 2
Ruediger Kottmann
Cherry blossom
Toni Garbasso
Biosphere2 main dome
Fariborz Alagheband
Jame Abbasi Mosque(Imam Mosque)
Jeff Scholl
Above Whitefish River in Whitefish, Montana
Shusharin-EDA
Revolution square
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Krugly dvor 2
Shusharin-EDA
Pokrovskoe usadba
Shusharin-EDA
Babushkina
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - Rodina
Shusharin-EDA
Kyrovsky skver
Shusharin-EDA
shavchugov's village
Shusharin-EDA
Торговый центр Oasis в Вологде
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Red Bridge
Shusharin-EDA
Усадьба Брянчаниновых
Shusharin-EDA
Вологодский государственный ордена «Знак почёта» драматический театр
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.