3 Likes

Kremlin area
Copyright: Alexey Yuzhakov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 10000x5000
Subida: 22/01/2010
Actualizado: 10/09/2014
Número de vistas:

...


Tags: kremlin; area; vologda; winter; cold; sun; russian winter; snow; sophian church
comments powered by Disqus

Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
njohn
Tung O Ancient Path Sunset 東澳古道-象山日落
Zoran Strajin
Tomb of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Jerusalem
Yasuhiro Muranaka
Murouji8
Victor Orlovsky
Italy. Piza. Duomo di Santa Maria Assunta #03
Matthias Kunze
Die Lamsenspitze in den Wolken
Ackermann Ralf
Røldal Stave Church Portal 2012
Zoran Strajin
Bazzar, Old City, Jerusalem
Marin Giurgiu
Côté Saint-Martin, Valence, France
Metik Sergey
Burtya Steppe 5
Alexey Ermakov
Bolshoi na vinose
Victor Orlovsky
Italy. Venice. Piazza San-Marco #05
Ackermann Ralf
Låtefossen waterfall 2012
Alexey Yuzhakov
Yaroslavl. Andropova street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Semyenkovo. Zhukova house. Stove
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Semenkovo 2 Museum
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Pushkin street
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda Red Bridge
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.