0 Likes

Bridge of lovers
Copyright: Dmitry Levin
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 11212x5606
Taken: 25/06/2012
Chargée: 25/06/2012
Mis à jour: 15/10/2014
Affichages ::

...


Tags: russia vologda bridge of lovers
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Bill Edwards
Flying Heritage Collection, Focke Wulf 190A, Everett, WA
Slava Kurtiyakoff
Первый Сундук
Bill Edwards
Flying Heritage Collection, B-25J Mitchell, P-47D Thunderbolt, Everett, WA
Lloyd Wolff
Vision Quest Lookout
Junsuk Song
Gangwon-do
Bill Edwards
Museum of Flight Restoration Center, Grumman F4F Wildcat, Everett, WA
Slava Kurtiyakoff
Большой Тогыз-Азский грот
Bill Edwards
The Museum of Flight, Great Gallery, Boeing Model 40B, Seattle, WA
i Kristof
Walchensee
Bill Edwards
The Museum of Flight, Great Gallery, M-21 Blackbird, F-4C Phantom, MiG 21, Seattle, WA
Pawel Kijak
Water Station Zawada
Bill Edwards
Elements Too, Retail Atrium North Exterior, Bellevue, WA
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.