Fu Si-nian Memorial Garden, complete with the Si-nian Mausoleum(斯年堂), the tapered monument, the small pond, and the trails, was built in 1951 to commemorate the late President whose name the Garden proudly bears.
In this area of about 7,000 M2 flourish over 160 trees, including specimens grown by the Japanese during the Colonial Period. Over the years, the trees have grown tall and magnificent, weaving a thick natural canopy.
The Garden was renovated and rededicated in the spring of 2004 . It is hoped that the Garden’s classical design and the abundant wildlife it houses will continue to provide its visitors with inspirations as well enjoyment.
Excerpt form: Taiwan Sustainable Compus Project