0 Likes

r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Copyright: Dmitry O Belov
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 15138x7569
Chargée: 03/05/2012
Mis à jour: 09/06/2012
Affichages ::

...


Tags:
comments powered by Disqus

Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
dmitry-o-belov
Maslenitsa hill
parusnik parusnik
горка вологда
Ivan Tsyrkunovich
Заброшенный Двор. Центр Гродно
Marcio Cabral
Enchanted forest
Roland Lahner
Trauttmansdorff botanical gardens 3
Giuliano Bernardi
Fiume Noce Croviana 1
Malinnikov Ruslan
Fairy Spring at Red Canyon at Mui Ne
Озеров Андрей
Turn onto the road
Giuliano Bernardi
Commezzadura Chiesa Di Sant Agata 1
Masao Nagata
Nagasaki
Alexey Ermakov
Zorro (musical)-Nancy Reina
Christophe Bouthe
Bourg-en-Bresse Vieux quartier
Marin Giurgiu
Fog (Bodi Lake, Baia Sprie, Romania)
sun-debin
5
dmitry-o-belov
Fedulova square at night
dmitry-o-belov
Sizma. Church of St. Nicholas.
dmitry-o-belov
Paramotor club on field
dmitry-o-belov
Church of Elijah the Prophet
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 3.
dmitry-o-belov
View from the bell tower of the church of St. Nicholas
dmitry-o-belov
Spaso-Prilutskiy Dmitriev monastery. Point 1.
dmitry-o-belov
The coast of Lake Onega
dmitry-o-belov
The central area of ​​the Ustie-Kubenskoe
dmitry-o-belov
On the way to Shera's floodgate
dmitry-o-belov
Sizma. Canteen.
dmitry-o-belov
Semigorodnyaya School
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.