0 Likes

Santuario del SS Crocifisso
Piémont

The Sanctuary of SS Crocifisso is located in the Sacro Monte Calvario in Domodossola, Italy. Its construction began in 1657, and is the culmination of a complex composed of several Baroque chapels, telling the path of Jesus on the Via Sacra.

Copyright: Luis Marques
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 8000x4000
Chargée: 28/07/2012
Mis à jour: 13/05/2014
Affichages ::

...


Tags: sanctuary; nature reserve; monte calvário; domodossola; piemonte; lombardia; italy
comments powered by Disqus

Luis Marques
Center Spiritualità Rosminiana
Luis Marques
Grotta di Lourdes
Davide Pizzigoni
Montecrestese - Locality Pontetto - St. Joseph Street
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Frazione Oira - un vicolo
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Locality Oira - An Alley
Davide Pizzigoni
Crevoladossola Locality Oira - Overview from the Church
Kay F. Jahnke
Passo Di Basagrana
Kay F. Jahnke
Punta Della Rossola
Kay F. Jahnke
Ridge from Mottac to Testa di Menta
Kay F. Jahnke
Pizzo Mottac 2010
Kay F. Jahnke
Pizzo Mottac
Davide Pizzigoni
Vogogna Frazione Genestredo - Un Vicolo
Шубкин Сергей
Свято-Введенский Толгский женский монастырь.
Willy Kaemena
Grand Canyon South Rim
Willy Kaemena
Sightseer Lounge
Anton van Tetering
Dom Tower Utrecht the Netherlands
Willy Kaemena
Amtrak Bedroom
Ronald Tichelaar
On The Ferry From Denmark To Norway
Rust 360
Birkenhead Docks - 03
dieter kik
Chapelle Saint Philibert Ploneour Lanvern
Simona Bartolomei
Andrea Salvetti exhibits in Amphitheatre Square
Willy Kaemena
Balloon Fiesta
Leif Nygaard Eilertsen
Dragoer Amagermuseum Courtyard Autumn
Vasily Kumaev & Andrew Mishin
Pond in Hordovo (2009)
Luis Marques
Patamar of Gods
Luis Marques
Kirchenfeldbrücke - Bern
Luis Marques
Casino Gardens
Luis Marques
Colombo Towers
Luis Marques
Saas Fee - Untere Dorfstrasse
Luis Marques
Naters’s church - Exterior
Luis Marques
Regaleira Farm - Sintra
Luis Marques
Palace Borromeo, Isola Bella
Luis Marques
Saas Fee Countryside
Luis Marques
Polo St. Moritz 2
Luis Marques
Paco de Arcos Beach
Luis Marques
Palácio da Pena Entrance
More About Piémont

The name Piedmont comes from medieval Latin Pedemontium, i. e. "ad pedem montium", meaning "at the foot of the mountains": Piedmont, whose capital is Turin, is surrounded on three sides by the Alps, including Monviso, where Po river rises, and Monte Rosa. It borders France, Switzerland and the Italian regions of Aosta Valley, Lombardy, Liguria and Emilia Romagna. Its history was linked for centuries to Savoy dynasty: since 1046 Piedmont was part of County of Savoy, raised to Duchy of Savoy in 1416, evolved in the eighteenth century into the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia. The role of Piedmont for Italy's unification is comparable to the role of Prussia for Germany and his army was the engine of the unification process, ended with the creation of the Kingdom of Italy in 1861. The presence of Savoy in its territory bequeathed a large number of castles and residences. Lowland Piedmont is a fertile agricultural region, producing wheat, rice and maize and is one of the great winegrowing areas in Italy. The region contains major industrial centres: FIAT automobile plants in Turin, Ferrero's chocolate factories in Alba, tissue and silk manufactories in Biella, in Ivrea Olivetti was an important technology center, publishing in Turin and Novara.