[Panoramic Earth on Twitter] [Follow Panoramic Earth on FaceBook]
Search for Hotels in Wallingford
St Mary Magdalene, Crowmarsh Gifford - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
The church of St Mary Magdalene has existed since at least 1140 when it was used as a fortified post by King Stephen in his wars with Matilda who held Wallingford Castle. During the Civil War it was used by Cromwell's men to shelter from the Royalists (there are cannon ball holes in the vestry door to prove it!).
Copyright: Rob Bowker Type: Spherical Resolution: 5500x2750 Taken: 02/02/2012 Chargée: 18/12/2012 Mis à jour: 03/04/2015 Affichages ::