Manzanar Ghost Town, This stone building may be part of the Shepherd Homestead Ranch from the 1860's. Farms supplied food mining operations in Owens Valley. The area produced over $13,000,000 in Silver, lead, and zink. The area mines eventually shut down thereby reduced the need for farming. 1920's Los Angels purchased much of the land and water rights and then built a 230 mile long aqueduct and drying up the area. In 1942 Executive Order 9066 interned Japanese living on the west coast creating a temporary community of 110,000 creating the largest town between Reno and Los Angeles.
Copyright: Allan Der Type: Spherical Resolution: 6472x3236 Taken: 19/11/2013 Uploaded: 24/11/2013 Updated: 09/04/2015 Views: