Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
The afsluitdijk, taken from the tower of the landmark in the middle of this 30 km dike that separates the North Sea from the Ijselmeer. The "Monument op de afsluitdijk" is build on the spot where the final gap in the dike was closed during construction.The dike structure was completed in 1932 as a measure to protect the land behind a weak and irregular 250 km patchwork of anti-flood measures around the Ijsselmeer former Zuiderzee against tide and floods. The flood of 1916 triggered this project. Ir. Cornelis Lely played an important role in design, politics and realization. The state owned landmark with tower and restaurant is designed by Willem Marinus Dudok in 1918 and was build in 1933.