This is the Area of Remembrance found at the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge .
The Commando Memorial is dedicated to the men who fought with the original British Commando Forces during the second world war .
The monument overlooks the area where the training camps for the commando's established in 1942 were situated .
The memorial was unveiled in 1952 by the Queen Mother and is now one of Scotlands best known .
It is a very popular attraction for thousands of tourists per year as it has stunnig views of the surrounding area including Aonach Mor and Ben Nevis .