A panorama consisting of 270 Mega pixels: The Averof Building of the National Technical University of Athens, that houses the School of Architecture. The Averof is one of the most important and elegant buildings of the Athenian Neoclassical period, located in the center of the city and was designed by Lyssandros Kaftantzoglou as an educational edifice. The initial plan was prepared in 1859,the study was completed in1861, and the foundation was in 1862.
After its completion in 1878, the building was in continuous use for more than 125 years. It reached a deteriorating state and was eventually in great need of restoration and modernisation in order to continue operating as an educational establishment. The conservation project, namely for the Averof to be used again as an educational building, lasted about 5 years and the building became operative in the beginning of 2010.
Today there are graffitis on the walls of the facade and slogans written on the columns, signs of the economic crisis and the decline of the Greek educational system.