The Plaza de Azcarraga became deeply transformed in 1775, when they moved the town halloutside the walls, but it owes its current configuration to the remodeling done in 1896 y Peter Marino. And certain faith that the city owes gratitude to the municipalarchitect for his intervention, because the result is of singular beauty. Rectangle divided into four walks, paved in a cross, which flow into the source of Desire. The spaces created at their sides were occupied by gardens with a variety of shrubs and plants, most notably scented white bells of the datura and magnolia trees and lushbanana trees. The light filtered through the leaves, the sound of water, the color of the flowers and stone create a setting that invites contemplation and meditation.