Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
This 360 Photo presents a magnificent view of Bergamo Alta, the Upper Town, and of its most important buildings: Basilica of St Maria Maggiore, Cappella Colleoni, Battistero, Palazzo della Ragione. The panorama is shot from the Civic Tower (11th century) that is located right in the center of Bergamo Alta and is nicknamed "Campanone", literally "Big Bell". Right in front is the elegant octagonal Battistero, Baptistry", built in 1340 by Giovanni da Campione while on the right there is the ancient Bishop's Palace with the beautiful garden. In the center-left of the 360 Photo is the magnificent Cappella Colleoni, "Colleoni Chapel" built in 1472-1476 by Giovanni Antonio Amadeo, who built also the famous Certosa di Pavia. The chapel had to be the shrine of Bartolomeo Colleoni, Condottiero and Captain-General of the Republic of Venice in 15th century. Direclty attached to the chapel is Basilica of St Maria Maggiore: founded in 1137, it is built in a typical Lombard-Romanesque style with beautiful apse and two splendid porches with colored lions and marbles again by Giovanni da Campione. On the far left the front of the Palazzo della Ragione, the medieval City Hall from 12th century.