The cemetery was founded in 1849. There are numerous (more than 1200) gravestones, obelisks and macebas. There are graves of rabbis and chairmen of Jewish commune who died in the 19th and 20th century. Karol Korn, a famous architect from Bielsko-Biala, is buried there, as well. In one part of cemetery there are gravestones from the closed cemetery in Biala. There is funeral home from 1885 built according to the project by K. Korn. There are interesting polychromes inside the home.