The house Black-headed has been built up for the first time in Old Riga in 1334, and then repeatedly reconstructed. In 1999 the house has begun a new life, continuing old traditions and creating the new. House premises approach for carrying out of solemn actions, presentations, conferences, evenings and balls. In house cellars the exhibition “From , history of the house Black-headed” is placed.
Originated from a small fishermen village, for centuries Riga has been an important part of the trade chain between Russia and Western Europe. A lively crossroad of cultures and backgrounds for over 800 years, the historical centre of Riga has accumulated an impressive cultural baggage and today is justly included in the UNESCO’s World Heritage list.