0 Likes

Bridge of lovers
Copyright: Dmitry Levin
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 11212x5606
Taken: 25/06/2012
Uploaded: 25/06/2012
Updated: 15/10/2014
Views:

...


Tags: russia vologda bridge of lovers
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Jeffrey Martin
Winter in the Czech Countryside - 10
wongchichuen
Ganlu Rock Temple @ Golden Lake(泰寧甘露岩寺2),Taining County, Fujian, CN
Magnus Dahlgren
Deep in the crane forest
Timo Weis
Bremen City
Nick Hobgood
Clear rock pools at sunrise
luis davilla
mihzab of mosque of cordoba. spain
Carsten Arenz
Swarovski Crystal World Wattens - Reflections 1
luis davilla
coro of cathedral-mosque of cordoba
Jeffrey Martin
Strahov Theological Library 70mm gigapixel 2014version 30k 15k small version
Jaime Brotons
Aerial panorama of Santa Pola above the Moor Tower
John Wood
Pukaki Aerodrome
Michał Nyklewicz
Lake at night 2
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.