Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Share this panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Read more
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, contact us
Embed this Panorama
WidthHeight
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, contact us
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.

LICENSE MODAL

0 Likes

St Pantaleon Chapel and a memorial fountain of Jugovich brothers
Serbia

The fountain in Tronosa is not only a fountain. It is an integral part of the chapel of the great martyr St Pantaleon, whose interior was painted with icons of Saints. There is a mosaic on the frontal part of the chapel, above the pipe taps, the work of Italian masters, which represents Jugovic family before going to Battle of Kosovo.

In addition to several panels that provide important data, one should read a few times. In fact, few people are able to say by hart the list of names of all the brothers Jugovic. Except Bosko and Damnjan, the names of others are rarely found in school and other books. The answer can be found on the panel just above the tap. The slogan says as follows: "This endowment of Jug-Bogdan and his nine sons: Vojin, Miljko, Marko, Ljubodrag, Radmilo, Bosko, Stojan, Veselin and Vlasko-Damnjan, from 1388 was rebuilt during the Archimandrite Methodius in 1721; later reconstruction was conducted by Mladen Isakovic, merchant from village Lesnica in 1894; and the latest reconstruction was made under supervision of the head monk of Tronosa of that time in 1935".

Copyright: Sasa Dragojevic
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 10000x5000
Taken: 23/04/2011
Uploaded: 03/05/2011
Updated: 10/03/2015
Views:

...


Tags: monastery; chapel; fountain
comments powered by Disqus
More About Serbia