0 Likes

Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Copyright: Dmitry levin
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 11360x5680
Uploaded: 26/06/2012
Updated: 04/07/2012
Views:

...


Tags:
comments powered by Disqus

Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
Алексей Попов
Vologda Kremlin 2
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin area
Alexey Yuzhakov
Kremlin, near monument KN Batyushkov
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda
dmitry-o-belov
r.Vologda. Spring tide.
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda Kremlin
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
Kremlin Square
Dmitry Plavkov
Kremlin Square. Vologda
Alexey Yuzhakov
Vologda State Pedagogical University
Aleksy Kirilovskiy
The monument erected in honour of 800 years of Vologda
Shusharin-EDA
Vologda - The monument to 800-years of Vologda
Olavur Frederiksen www.faroephoto.com
Bour Is A Small Village On Vagar Island
Assaf Spiegler
Monument Valley
Sara Caccivio
Masonga-Windmills
D.Tulga
Chinggis khan statue
Andrew Bodrov
Zugspitzplatt
Jedsada Puangsaichai
Laerdal Tunnel, Norway : The World's Longest Road Tunnel
Assaf Spiegler
Montefioralle, Greve in Chianti, Florence Province, Italy
D.Tulga
Chinggis statue
Martin Broomfield
Ampara Beach, Sri Lanka
Irmin Wehmeier
The Sandia Mountains Albuquerque
Paco Lorente
Puerto de pescadores en Es Caló de Sant Agustí
Assaf Spiegler
Mobilgas Pump, Hackberry General Store, Arizona
Dmitry Levin
Chapel in the honor of Nativity of Christ
Dmitry Levin
Monument to the 800th anniversary of Vologda
Dmitry Levin
Bridge of lovers
More About

Vologda was first mentioned in Novgorod chronicles for 1147, when Saint Gerasimus found a church and village already standing there. Surrounded by impassable woods, the settlement was inhabited by Novgorodians who pulled the ships from a tributary of theVolga to a tributary of the Northern Dvina, thus making possible navigation from the White Sea to the Caspian. In 1273 the city was ravaged by a Mongol raid. It was not until 1412, when the area was ceded by Novgorod Republic to Muscovy, that the town acquired any measure of importance. The princes of Muscovy made Vologda their outpost in the North. By the end of the century, Vologda eclipsed the ancient centre of that region, Belozersk. Its commercial importance further increased when the Muscovy Company started its operations in Russia.