The Church of Holy Ascension is located in Zarkovo in Belgrade municipality Cukarica, six kilometers form the city center. Construction was started in 1936, when the lot was chosen near the cemetery and the plan to build was made and Chruch was completed in 1938.
The Church was designed by the architect Viktor Lukomski, and construction was supervised by medieval monuments.
Form of the church provides a large semicircular apse at the eastern part of the church and two semi-circular choirs. Above the central part of a church is a large dome which is supported by four pillars and arches. Above the lower narthex at the western part of the church is the bell tower. Facade of the church is plastered with sporadically placed stone blocks that are rustic processed and decorative deployed on the surface of the wall.
The xylograph iconostasis was made of walnut wood by Blagoje Milivojevic, and the icons were painted by Aleksandar Trojicki.