0 Likes

Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus

This picture was taken and published with the permission of the 'Landesbetrieb Vermögen und Bau, Amt Heilbronn'

Copyright: Hans Dieter Teschner
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 7700x3850
Uploaded: 30/06/2009
Updated: 13/06/2012
Views:

...


Tags:
comments powered by Disqus

Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Kapitelsaal
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Josefskapelle
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Kapitelsaal
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, cloister
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus from north
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus from south
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, parapet walk
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Kloster Großcomburg, Wehrgang, Westseite
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, parapet walk south part
Giuliano Bernardi
Lago Gelato
YUE LUN
Nanao041
jacky cheng
Pingyao Ancient City - circumpolar door - south tower
Heiner Straesser - derPanoramafotograf.com
Venice - Palazzo Ducale
Peter Pajor
Angkor31 Panorama
sun-debin
丹东五龙山
Uwe Buecher
Route 66 - Hackberry General Store - Arizona
YUE LUN
Nanao059
jacky cheng
City God Temple Cai Shenmiao Xiandian
jacky cheng
Linfenshi Huamen-1
Carsten T. Rees
Saverne, Zabern, Notre-Dame-de-la-Nativité, Nave
Marin Giurgiu
„St George” Cathedral 1833-1855, Tecuci, Romania
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Berger Steg
Hans-Dieter Teschner
NOSOLO, Bar
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Koenigstrasse before christmas
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Heilig Kreuz Muenster, behind the high altar
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Historic funicular, the modern engine
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Karolinger Schulhof
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Sommerfest, Oper
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Strassenbahnwelt Stuttgart interior trailer ESS2
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Kernerplatz
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Arosa railway station
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Waiblingen, Bridge over Rems with Galerie Stihl
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Gernsbach at the river Murg
More About

Comburg was a Benedictine monastery near Schwäbisch Hall in Baden-Württemberg in Germany.It was founded in the late 1070s by the Counts of Comburg-Rothenburg on the site of their castle. They retained the office of Vogt, which continued until their extinction in the Staufer dynasty. The first monks were from Brauweiler Abbey, but in the 1080s an abbot from Hirsau Abbey was appointed, and this brought Comburg into the movement of the Hirsau Reforms.The monks of Comburg were exclusively of noble birth, and accordingly resisted the Benedictine reforms (the Melk Reforms) of the 15th century, under the pressure of which the monastery became a collegiate foundation (Kollegiatstift) in 1488, rather than admit non-nobles to the community.In 1587 Comburg was mediatised by Württemberg, which brought to an end its status as an Imperial abbey.The community was secularised in 1803. The library survives in the Württemberg State Library, but the church treasure was melted down in the Ludwigsburg mint.The buildings have had a number of uses since then. Until 1909 a regiment of invalid soldiers (the Ehreninvalidenkorps) was based here. During World War II the site was used for a variety of training purposes and also at one point as a prisoner of war camp. After the war it was used briefly for housing displaced persons, but since 1947 it has housed a teacher training establishment. From Wikipedia.