0 Likes

Abbey Grosscomburg, parapet walk

This picture was taken and published with the permission of the 'Landesbetrieb Vermögen und Bau, Amt Heilbronn'

Copyright: Hans Dieter Teschner
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 7700x3850
Taken: 19/06/2009
Uploaded: 03/07/2009
Updated: 13/06/2012
Views:

...


Tags:
comments powered by Disqus

Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg,
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus from north
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus from south
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, parapet walk south part
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Josefskapelle
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Kapitelsaal
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Kapitelsaal
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, cloister
Lothar Roessling
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele Milano
Rami Saarikorpi
Fireworks at Ilosaarirock 2010
Lothar Roessling
Seychelles Islette Mahe
Stefan Geens
Breakfast at a tea house in Kashgar
Jose Luis Perez
At the Palace in Palenque
DigitalProperties.ca - Bryan Groulx
Smoking in a Northern Ontario Shed
Vil Muhametshin
Paris goes on strike! Manifistation against the new retirement law going through the Place de la Bastille.
Victorina
Garden near Manolis Kambanakis's house in the town of Sitia (Crete, Greece)
dieter kik
Depart vehicules anciens Quimper
Plamen Penev
Trabant
Stefan Geens
Tea house and evening market, Kashgar
Olaf Nitz
Limburg an der Lahn Kirmes
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Liederhalle
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Hochdorf
Hans-Dieter Teschner
view from the Kappelberg over Fellbach
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Hann. Muenden Muehlenarmbruecke
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Marbach Untere Holdergasse
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Goeppingen, Fischstrasse
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Killesberg Messe Halle 4 2
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Hann. Muenden, Lange Strasse
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Kleiner Schlossplatz
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Volksfest Gigapixel
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Killesberg Messe Eingang
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Northeim, Muehlenstrasse
More About

Comburg was a Benedictine monastery near Schwäbisch Hall in Baden-Württemberg in Germany.It was founded in the late 1070s by the Counts of Comburg-Rothenburg on the site of their castle. They retained the office of Vogt, which continued until their extinction in the Staufer dynasty. The first monks were from Brauweiler Abbey, but in the 1080s an abbot from Hirsau Abbey was appointed, and this brought Comburg into the movement of the Hirsau Reforms.The monks of Comburg were exclusively of noble birth, and accordingly resisted the Benedictine reforms (the Melk Reforms) of the 15th century, under the pressure of which the monastery became a collegiate foundation (Kollegiatstift) in 1488, rather than admit non-nobles to the community.In 1587 Comburg was mediatised by Württemberg, which brought to an end its status as an Imperial abbey.The community was secularised in 1803. The library survives in the Württemberg State Library, but the church treasure was melted down in the Ludwigsburg mint.The buildings have had a number of uses since then. Until 1909 a regiment of invalid soldiers (the Ehreninvalidenkorps) was based here. During World War II the site was used for a variety of training purposes and also at one point as a prisoner of war camp. After the war it was used briefly for housing displaced persons, but since 1947 it has housed a teacher training establishment. From Wikipedia.