0 Likes

Abbey Grosscomburg, parapet walk west part

This picture was taken and published with the permission of the 'Landesbetrieb Vermögen und Bau, Amt Heilbronn'

Copyright: Hans-dieter teschner
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 7700x3850
Uploaded: 03/07/2009
Updated: 13/06/2012
Views:

...


Tags:
comments powered by Disqus

Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, cloister
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Kapitelsaal
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Kapitelsaal
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Josefskapelle
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Kloster Großcomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus Chorraum
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Kloster Großcomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus von Norden
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus from south
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, parapet walk
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, parapet walk south part
Arroz Marisco
Brewing Storm over the Himalayas
Marcio Cabral
Poincenot base camp
dieter kik
Hiphopnewschool Place Saint Corentin Quimper 0239
Marcio Cabral
Lake Pehoe at sunset
Willy Kaemena
Verde Canyon Railroad
Pascal Moulin
Petite grue sur le chenal de Port Maubert - France
Bane Obradović
Narrow gauge steam locomotive, Mokra Gora
heiwa4126
マルツパーツ館前
heiwa4126
秋葉原中央通り交差点
Andrey
Шаан-Кая ropejumping
Bane Obradović
Jatare train station, Mokra gora
heiwa4126
軍艦マンションのへさき
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Bad Hersfeld, Linggplatz
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Volksfest, picture 21
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Strassenbahnwelt Stuttgart horse tramway car
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Wagenhalle Bad Cannstatt
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Korber Kopf 005
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Strassenbahnwelt Stuttgart picture 13
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Mindelheim, tanivera
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Stammheim, Freihofstrasse
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Albrecht-Goes-Platz/Bubenbad
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Limes Museum Aalen, ground floor 2
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Ludwigsburg Asperger Strasse
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Leistungsschau, Holzbau Härer
More About

Comburg was a Benedictine monastery near Schwäbisch Hall in Baden-Württemberg in Germany.It was founded in the late 1070s by the Counts of Comburg-Rothenburg on the site of their castle. They retained the office of Vogt, which continued until their extinction in the Staufer dynasty. The first monks were from Brauweiler Abbey, but in the 1080s an abbot from Hirsau Abbey was appointed, and this brought Comburg into the movement of the Hirsau Reforms.The monks of Comburg were exclusively of noble birth, and accordingly resisted the Benedictine reforms (the Melk Reforms) of the 15th century, under the pressure of which the monastery became a collegiate foundation (Kollegiatstift) in 1488, rather than admit non-nobles to the community.In 1587 Comburg was mediatised by Württemberg, which brought to an end its status as an Imperial abbey.The community was secularised in 1803. The library survives in the Württemberg State Library, but the church treasure was melted down in the Ludwigsburg mint.The buildings have had a number of uses since then. Until 1909 a regiment of invalid soldiers (the Ehreninvalidenkorps) was based here. During World War II the site was used for a variety of training purposes and also at one point as a prisoner of war camp. After the war it was used briefly for housing displaced persons, but since 1947 it has housed a teacher training establishment. From Wikipedia.