0 Likes

Abbey Grosscomburg

This picture was taken and published with the permission of the 'Landesbetrieb Vermögen und Bau, Amt Heilbronn'

Copyright: Hans-dieter teschner
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 7700x3850
Uploaded: 06/07/2009
Updated: 13/06/2012
Views:

...


Tags:
comments powered by Disqus

Hans-Dieter Teschner
Kloster Großcomburg, Wehrgang, Torbau
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg,
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus from north
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus from south
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, parapet walk south part
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Stiftskirche St. Nikolaus
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Josefskapelle
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Kapitelsaal
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Abbey Grosscomburg, Kapitelsaal
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Kloster Großcomburg, Kreuzgang
Uwe Buecher
Top of Monte Amiata
Jann Lipka
Royal wedding 19 of June 2010 in Stockholm
Willy Kaemena
Elevador da Gloria
Tina Gauer & Oli Burle - www.360tourist.net
Waiting for wind
D.Tulga
Tuul river
Willy Kaemena
Mosteiro São Vicente de Fora
Roberto Scavino
Aglié Ducal Castle, infrared panorama
Laszlo Padar
St. Michael's Church
Mariusz Kuzka
Bledne skaly
Uwe Buecher
Saturnia - Cascate del Mulino
D.Tulga
Tuul river
Jürgen Schrader
ejectionseat
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Karlsplatz im Winter
Hans-Dieter Teschner
former tram museum Zuffenhausen 2
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Solis Viaduct
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Postplatz 001
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Bismarckturm
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Ludwigsburg, Schillerplatz Kreissparkasse
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Karlshoehe
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Marktplatz
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Galerie Stihl 02
Hans-Dieter Teschner
St. Gilgen Kirchplatz
Hans-Dieter Teschner
Waiblingen leuchtet 2008, Lange Straße vor der Bäckerei Schöllkopf
Hans-Dieter Teschner
historic fair 7
More About

Comburg was a Benedictine monastery near Schwäbisch Hall in Baden-Württemberg in Germany.It was founded in the late 1070s by the Counts of Comburg-Rothenburg on the site of their castle. They retained the office of Vogt, which continued until their extinction in the Staufer dynasty. The first monks were from Brauweiler Abbey, but in the 1080s an abbot from Hirsau Abbey was appointed, and this brought Comburg into the movement of the Hirsau Reforms.The monks of Comburg were exclusively of noble birth, and accordingly resisted the Benedictine reforms (the Melk Reforms) of the 15th century, under the pressure of which the monastery became a collegiate foundation (Kollegiatstift) in 1488, rather than admit non-nobles to the community.In 1587 Comburg was mediatised by Württemberg, which brought to an end its status as an Imperial abbey.The community was secularised in 1803. The library survives in the Württemberg State Library, but the church treasure was melted down in the Ludwigsburg mint.The buildings have had a number of uses since then. Until 1909 a regiment of invalid soldiers (the Ehreninvalidenkorps) was based here. During World War II the site was used for a variety of training purposes and also at one point as a prisoner of war camp. After the war it was used briefly for housing displaced persons, but since 1947 it has housed a teacher training establishment. From Wikipedia.