The monastery Duernstein was populated 1410 by the Augustiner-Chorherren. The Chorherren came from the Bohemian Wittingau. In the course of the 15th Duernstein century, they built a Gothic monastery facility.
300 years after the founding of the monastery was Hieronymus Übelbacher for Probst elected. The building was in poor condition, and so he decided to barockisieren. He combined this with a great concept and content was the center and coordinator of the artistic program.
The Stift Dürnstein of the top of the tower up in the rocks of the foundation into theological program. Here is really the word "talking stones".
View More »