The church of St Carantocus at Crantock just south of Newquay in North Cornwall was founded in the 12th century, although the first Christian building on the site is much earlier. The nave is of Norman design although much rebuilt in the 14th century. The font is Norman but is dated 1474, probably from when the chancel was extended in the 15th century.
Between 1897 and 1907 the church was extensively restored. The rood screen dates from 1905 and was carved by Violet Pinwell.