Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.
Crema Cathedral (Italian: Duomo di Crema) is a church in Crema, northern Italy.
A first cathedral in the town had been destroyed by Frederick Barbarossa in 1160; a new building was begun in 1185, but construction was halted in 1212 to begin again in 1284 but in Gothic style. The church was finished in 1340, while in 1385 the apse was lengthened and a crypt was added.
The façade is in typical Lombard Gothic style, with a single portal surmounted, in the lunette, by sculptures of the Virgin with Child and St. Pantaleon and St. John the Baptist over a frieze with faces of saints. Over the portal is a large marble rose window, flanked by mullioned windows. Tha façade ends with a loggia with small marble columns.
The bell tower, on the right side, dates to the 14th century, while the octagonal upper part is from the 17th century.
The Gothic interior has a nave and five aisles.