Saborna Crkva Svetog Georgija – the Church Cathedral of Saint George in Smederevo is one of the largest and the most beautiful churches erected in Serbia in the 19th century. The church was built between 1850 and 1854 by Andreja Damjanov (aka Andrey Damyanov), a Macedonian Bulgarian, one of the most famous builders of sacred objects in the Balkans. It was based on the slightly modified plans of Czech architect Jan Nevola. Although it is not very obvious, the church is reminiscent of the 15th century Church of Holy Trinity in Manasija monastery. The bell tower is of the late baroque style. Above the church portal is marble relief depicting Saint George Killing the Dragon. The relief was donated to the church in 1892 by Vladimir Ljotic, known as father of Dimitrije Ljotic, but also the prominent Serbian politician and diplomat of the late 19th century, Serbian consul in Thessaloníki, mayor of Smederevo and a Member of the Parliament.